The Spanish Golden Visa is a residency permit that gives the holder the right to stay and work in Spain. Since 2013, it has been offered by the Spanish government to non-EU nationals.
Key Data about the Golden Visa
- Minimum investment of 500.000€
- Our lawyers recommend applying for the Golden Visa once you are in Spain. (It is quicker)
- It can be presented online by lawyers. Once submitted, it takes from 1 to 20 days to obtain the Resident Permit approved.
- The Golden Visa will allow you to travel freely around the Schengen zone (26 countries), live and work permanently in Spain.
- The first application last for 2yrs and then it is necessary to renew every 5yrs.
- After 10yrs of having the Residence Permit, you can apply for the Spanish Passport.
- The Golden Visa extends to your direct family (spouse and children).
The Spanish Golden Visa allows you to obtain a Spanish Residency Permit for five years extendable to your family. It will enable you to live and work in Spain and travel freely without having to request for a Visa to the Schengen countries.
There are 3 different ways to obtain it. However, the most popular option is Investing in Real Estate in Spain. The requirement is purchasing a mortgage-free property in Spain of at least €500,000 or spread the price over several properties.
Read more on the topic: Check out our property buyer’s guide
And what is the Spanish Golden Visa and what are the benefits of it?
- The Spanish Golden Visa is a solution to foreign investors with interest in Spain, who can benefit from the residence regime.
- Family members who accompany or join the investor may apply jointly or successively for their residence permit.
- With the visa and residence permit, you may live and work anywhere in Spain, including relatives if they meet the expected age labor regulations.
- There is no limit to the number of times that the Golden Visa can be extended if you keep your investment.
- After 5 years under the Golden Visa status, you can apply to become a long-term resident, which means you do not have to maintain the investment to keep your resident status.
So, do not wait any longer, have a look at our extensive property portfolio on the Costa del Sol, invest 500.000€ in properties in Spain, and become a Spanish Resident. For further information about the Spanish Golden Visa, do not hesitate to contact me directly.